DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE HAS BEEN A SPIKE IN POSITIVE COVID-19 CASES IN THE BURTON AREA, WE ARE TEMPORARILY RESUMING THE PRACTICE OF ALLOWING LOBBY ACCESS BY REQUEST ONLY. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE GOVERNOR'S ORDER RECOMMENDING THE WEARING OF A MASK IN PUBLIC AREAS, CUSTOMERS ENTERING THE BURTON STATE BANK LOBBY AREA WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHILE HANDLING LOBBY TRANSACTIONS BEYOND THE TELLER COUNTER. WE URGE YOU TO CONTINUE USING OUR DRIVE-THRU SERVICE WHEN POSSIBLE.
THE SAFETY OF OUR CUSTOMERS IS A TOP PRIORITY AND WE ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT NO ONE ATTEMPTS TO COMPROMISE YOUR SECURITY AS YOU ENTER OUR LOBBY. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO LOWER YOUR MASK FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES AS YOU ENTER. ONCE WE ARE ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOU, A BANK EMPLOYEE WILL UNLOCK THE INTERIOR LOBBY DOOR SO THAT YOU CAN ENTER.
LOBBY ACCESS IS CONTROLLED BY BANK EMPLOYEES AND WILL BE LIMITED TO ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING IN THE LOBBY AREA AT ALL TIMES. EMPLOYEES WILL DISINFECT PUBLIC SURFACES BETWEEN CUSTOMERS.
DRIVE THRU SERVICE IS AVAILABLE FROM 8:30 A.M. UNTIL 4 P.M. MONDAY - FRIDAY AND FROM 8:30 A.M. UNTIL NOON ON SATURDAYS.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR PATIENCE AND WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.
PLEASE DON'T FALL VICTIM TO SCAMS DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME!
REMEMBER...no one from a government office will CALL you or E-MAIL you to ask for your financial information to facilitate or expedite any type of payment!! NEVER provide financial information to anyone who calls or e-mails to ask for the information!
SIGNS OF PANDEMIC RELATED FRAUD INCLUDE: Social Media scams seeking donations or claiming to provide stimulus funds; Sales of counterfeit or fake testing kits, cures, immunity pills and protective equipment; Offers for free COVID-19 testing in exchange for Medicare beneficiary information; and "phishing" scams by text or email claiming to offer access to government assistance and/or free gift cards.
You may be receiving "Get To Know You Better" messages from your friends and social media contacts. Burton State Bank wants to remind you NOT to provide answers to any questions that are also used as security questions for access to your secure accounts.
BURTON STATE BANK'S highest priority right now is to do all that we can to keep our customers and employees informed and safe during these challenging days. We offer the following options and suggestions to assist you with your banking needs during this uncertain time:
- Use a Debit Card Instead of Cash. COVID-19 can be spread by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – such as cash – and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Using your debit card instead of cash could help reduce this risk.
- If you do wish to use cash, please visit our BRAND NEW ATM! The new ATM is user friendly and has additional security features to protect your card information.
- Use our convenient Drive Thru lanes for your basic banking needs.
- Use our Night Depository unit for simple deposits…we will check the safe into which all transactions are delivered periodically throughout the day to ensure that your deposits are posted as quickly as possible.
- Sign up for Online Banking and use our Mobile App to access account information, transfer funds and utilize our Bill Pay service.
- Our staff is available from 8:30 AM until 4 PM each day…give us a call at 979-289-3151 if you have any questions.
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation. You may also find additional information about COVID-19 by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.